We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Sentura Group is the “data controller” for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR). Sentura Group’s data protection notification number is Z3098040.
Information we may collect from you
We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your account and to provide the products and services you have requested from us. We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide to us by filling in forms on our website medichiefglobal.com (“Website“), including any personal information relating to you, your business or your organisation provided to us at the time you register as a customer or to request a quotation.
- information about your use of the Website, details of your visits to our Websites including, but not limited to information about the products that you purchase from us through any of our trading brands
- information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type
- any other information you give us when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback and participate in competitions
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that
We would like to send you information about the products and services of companies in Sentura Group which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing messages, you may opt out at a later date.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes.
Sentura Group will not share your information for marketing purposes with companies outside the Group.
If you no longer wish to be contacted by us for marketing purposes, please email or write to us.
We may obtain information about your internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalised
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. For example, if you are using Microsoft Windows Explorer:
- Open ‘Windows Explorer’
- Click on the ‘Search’ button on the tool bar
- Type “cookie” into the search box for ‘Folders and Files’
- Select ‘My Computer’ in the ‘Look In’ box
- Click ‘Search Now’
- Double click on the folders that are found
- ‘Select’ any cookie file
- Hit the ‘Delete’ button on your keyboard
If you are not using Microsoft Windows Explorer, then you should select “cookies” in the “Help” function for information on where to find your cookie folder. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Website.
Who will we share your information with?
We will only share your information as set out below:
- within the Sentura Group (which includes all our trading brands and businesses)
- with third party suppliers involved in the fulfilment of purchase orders and other services, including credit control and credit reference agencies.
We may also disclose your personal information to other third parties if:
- substantially all of the assets of Sentura Group are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone, including us.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We and the companies we share your information with may analyse and use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to understand your purchasing behaviour
- to understand your business marketing needs
- to provide you with relevant legislative updates and other related news
- to provide you with information, offers, products or services that you request or which we or the companies we share your information with feel may interest you
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us or the companies we share your information with
- to notify you about changes at Medichief and/or Sentura Group.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking or unchecking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data from time to time. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us through the enquiry form on the Contact Us page on our Website.
Our Websites and emails may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our Partner networks, suppliers, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write to us. We may make a small charge for this service.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate by emailing or writing to us.